Thursday, July 12, 2007

First Blog!

Well well well...

Following the example of two of my VERY awesome classmates (Sonya and Amber that is...) I've decided to create a blog to let you guys know about whats going on during my SM adventure...

Not much to write right now... I'm two weeks away from leaving... I'll be in Hawaii training for 3 days and then we'll head to Palau. There is so much to do during these last two weeks, and it doesn't help that I'll be at Hispanic Campmeeting all of next week!!! Blegh... That leaves me only ONE week to finish getting ready to leave... How do you pack 10 months of your life into two suitcases???

It wasn't until this week, specially yesterday, that it hit me that I'm going to be away for a very long time. Up until now it just felt like I was going on vacation somewhere, but yesterday I had a meeting with one of the deans at the graduate school of social service at Fordham University and we started talking about Palau and all that good stuff. Then we started talking about filling out FAFSA, and she mentioned that since I'm going to be away for a long time and getting some kind of subsidy that I should file FAFSA as me being independent... She started talking about filling it out in March... March is so far away... Yet by then I would ALMOST be coming back home... Wow, that made it real.

It's all an adventure...

2 comments:

rdrumm said...

Tania,

How exciting! I'm so proud of the fact that you're following the Lord's call. Stay in touch as you continue this adventure, and let me know if you need anything. :)

Rene'

laSonya said...

Rock on sista!
Have I told you how proud I am of you lately? Cause I am!
AFERMATION!!!!!
so.