Monday, October 22, 2007

CRACKED!!!!!!!!

Ok... the floor in our classroom cracked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It all started on Wednesday... We were in the classroom minding our own business when all of a sudden one of my kids yells "MISS TANIA!!!!!!!!! THE FLOOR!!!!!!" When I walk over I see that there's this whole section from our floor where the tile was raised like a mountain. Next thing I know the floor cracked so I had to ask my students to be carefull and NOT step of the tile... Do you think they followed instructions? Of course not!!! They were WAY too curious saying that there were aliens under our tiles who were trying to get out, another one said that there were snakes... So they were running all over the place trying to see if aliens were coming out, or just steping on the tiles to make them pop. I even had one student go around putting band aids on the cracks!!! Anyway, so that was Wednesday... When I arrived Thursday morning I noticed there were even MORE cracks, and during the day even more cracks formed... So my kids decided to make it into a construction site... They made red Xs and green arrows to let people know where they could walk and where it was off limits. They also made signs that said "Slow Down!!!" "STOP!!" "GO!!!" "Kids at work"... It was quite funny, as soon as I get the pics off my camera I'll post them.So Friday I had to move desks around and have half of my classroom taped off... Yesterday they start fixing it and it didn't look TOO bad... This morning things were different though... HALF my classroom doesn't have tile and all the desks on that side of the room are pushed to the other side... SO yeah, today we had to move to the Fellowship Hall in the church to have classes. It's been CRAZY... I want my classroom back!!!! CAN THURSDAY GET HERE FASTER????

No comments: